as of today, alex and i have been married for two months! it seems like it's been longer and shorter than that at the same time. however, it's been plenty of time to start learning funny things about each other, so i thought i'd share a few insights :)
1. sleeping in the same bed can be treacherous. for me, most of the pain has been physical - poked in the eye, elbow to the shoulder, etc. for alex, it's emotional - i have an unfortunate and startling tendency of sitting up in the middle of the night and carrying on conversations, all while sleeping away.
2. we have very different cleaning styles. i'm a "make a mess and clean it all up at the end" kind of person. alex is a "clean as you go" kind of person. unfortunately for him, this means he's often cleaning up after my messes along the way because i just haven't started cleaning until i'm all done making the mess!
3. grocery shopping for two people with different tastes can be tough. particularly when he's shopping for me, as i am admittedly picky about stupid things, like the thickness of my deli meat. i like it falling apart thin - he likes buying whatever's on sale that the deli has pre-sliced. i can't help it - it's how i was raised.
4. our TV tastes are more aligned that i expected. or at least we're patient with each other. we spend a lot of the weekend watching football (or researching, as alex calls it, for his new blog StarBust Football Inc) and then during the week we unwind to Glee, House, and all my/his other favs.
5. we really love being married. and i think we're gonna keep doing it for a really really long time :)
7 comments:
Hooray for marriage!
Congrats on two months!! Wow that went fast :) Thanks for sharing all the insights!
i love this post! it's hilarious and adorable! congrats on two months!
Congratulations! I can't believe it's been 2 months!
I thought the first few were pretty funny, too, and the last are cute :)
aw thanks for sharing all this! my family swears that I talk in my sleep, so it's nice to know I'm not the only one :) miss you guys!!
lol dag, yall are quick! :) but yes, my sentiments echo everyone elses - this post is awesome, and so are you and Alex! <3
clearly I'm behind in reading blogs as I'm just commenting on this now, but I'm thrilled to hear you're planning to give this a go for a while longer! :)
Post a Comment