well, today my grandpa called just to say hi and when i picked up, he said "hi there mrs. heacock", pronounced "hee-cock". my boss had done the same thing earlier in the day. when i corrected my grandpa, he said, "oh it's probably because people are used to saying peacock".
apparently my new last name is just one letter off from the most pretentious of birds, and that is causing massive waves of mispronunciation. maybe most of you already noticed that, but i never did! who knew??
6 comments:
a very astute observation from your grandpa! i didn't realize that, but i like it!
welcome home from the honeymoon! love to you both!
I've never noticed that! Can't wait for pics!
Definitely wouldn't have thought that - but he's right!
I hear ya on the name thing - totally weird for longer than it should be :) Hope you're enjoying settling in! And good luck with the rest of those changes!!
hope your first week of domestic bliss is going well! Those are all very exciting adjustments :)
Haha, and I never thought of your new name like that... makes sense tho!
Haha, I hadn't thought of that either. Hope you had an amazing time in Costa Rica!
i actually did notice that last year! (haha but only b/c of a read-aloud about a proud peacock...)
Post a Comment