Friday, March 11, 2011

Shreddin' some pow-pow

The title of this post was the catch phrase from our first ski trip - Scott even made us t-shirts with the phrase for Christmas!

Last weekend Alex and I went skiing at Deer Valley in Park City, Utah! It was a work trip for me, but honestly it was more fun than work :) You see, I love downhill skiing - I'm not great at it, but I'm good enough that it doesn't take me too long to get back into it and really enjoy it.

Alex learned to ski for the first time in December when we went with my family for Christmas, so this was the big test to see how much of his skiing knowledge he retained. As it turned out, he did great! He got back into it really quickly and we were skiing some tough blue runs in no time.

Here we are on at the end of the second day - the first day was sunny and beautiful, and the second was snowy. The first had better views, the second had better powder - I liked that we got a little of both!

You'll notice we're both wearing really attractive helmets - I skied with a helmet for the first time at Christmas and I will never go back to a hat, no matter how ridiculous we look with our giant heads that require giant helmets. They're safer AND warmer AND they keep the goggles from giving me a headache. Yay for helmets!

We can't wait to go again next year - although I'm psyched for summer to come, I'm sad to say goodbye to skis for the season!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Aw you guys look great! Sounds like it was an awesome weekend :) Definitely a wonderful thing to look forward to next year - that is a sweet trip!

jennie said...

sounds awesome! so what exactly does shredding some pow-pow mean?

maggie said...

being petrified at the very thought of skiing I am impressed with you guys -- and you look great!