Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thanks on the 4th (belated)

Given my line of work, on national holidays like Memorial Day and 4th of July, while everyone else is relaxing, eating a burger and grabbing a beer, I go to work. Mostly, this means corralling a bunch of volunteers around our decked out SUV and marching in parades. That's parades, plural.

This year, I owe my wonderful, dedicated, loving a husband a giant THANK YOU for driving the car in the parade and generally helping me maintain my sanity on this long, hot day. He was a real trooper, smiling and waving to parade goers, passing out t-shirts, and managing our music.

I also want to say a special thank you to our men and women in uniform, serving their country and protecting the freedoms we celebrate on Independence Day. To our family and friends who serve or have served in the military, thank you. We are so grateful for your sacrifice.

2 comments:

jennie said...

can we get any video of alex's parade wave?

Katie said...

I love 4th of July parades!! Glad you got to be in one - very cool!