Well, today is the baby's official due date. I can't believe it's really here. It doesn't mean the baby will be here of course, but the date that we've prayed about and anticipated and talked about is finally here. I woke up this morning, turned to Alex and said, "the baby is due today." Alex, my loving, compassionate husband, who knows how anxious I am to get this baby out into the world, turned to me and said, "well, the baby is not a library book." Good point.
I laughed at the comment, but as I've been thinking about it this morning, he's right - the baby is not predictable like a library book. I have absolutely no control over when this baby arrives. It shouldn't surprise me - I've had no control over what's been happening in my body for the past 40 weeks - if I did, I might have done something to feel like less of a whale. The point is, why would this day be any different?
For me as a believer, there is actually a lot of comfort in that. After all, God has been in control this whole time - he has grown this baby from a tiny cell into a full human, and a strong one I might add. He has taken care of me and my health and kept us safe. He has turned my body into the perfect home for this growing baby, with all of the supplies the baby needed to grow into a complex and unique little person. His timing has been perfect all along - and it is that testimony that keeps me from getting (too) anxious as the hours of this day tick by.
The baby may still come today - it's not even noon yet - but if it doesn't, that will be okay too. One way or another, this baby is coming soon and whenever it does, we will be ready!
5 comments:
ha!! love everything about this post - SO exciting and so wonderful and so true - and especially love Alex's comment. :)
I love how you are finding comfort in God! I also love the comment about the library book. LOL Wouldn't that be nice?
Yay for baby H! Any day now and I am SO excited! I can't believe it!
I can't wait! And yes Alex's comment was amazing!
Alex's "library book" comment made me literally laugh out loud! I can't believe Herbie is almost here! Can't wait to meet him/her :)
Post a Comment