Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Our amazing bodies

 By "our" I mean all women everywhere.  Being pregnant, and then recovering from giving birth, has given me a whole new appreciation for God's design of our bodies.  First of all, I grew a human inside of me.  A whole new person.  Who would have guessed that this:


could come out of this:

Whoa.

Second, after that seemingly impossible feat occurred, I never could have imagined how quickly my body would start to feel like my body again.  Mostly because I gained a lot of weight while I was pregnant.  A lot.  Like 45 pounds, which is exactly 10 lbs more than is "recommended" for women of average BMI before pregnancy.  I was a whale.

The amazing thing is that within two weeks, 25 of those pounds went away (well, 9 lbs came out as a baby, but you get my point), and a little more goes away every day.

Thirdly, my beautiful (big) girl is getting bigger every day eating only the food my body produces.  What an amazing system!

God really knew what he was doing when he designed women's bodies, and I have never appreciated that more than I do now!

4 comments:

jennie said...

seriously! the human body is amazing....and so weird....and so amazing.

Katie Boscarino said...

I agree...our bodies are truly amazing!! PS...you were not a WHALE!! You looked great pregnant. :)

Katie said...

You look fantastic - then and now! I am so happy for your little family!!!

maggie said...

So amazing! I second Katie -- you look great now and then!