Monday, April 1, 2013

Our first adventure

As I posted on our family blog, this weekend was full of adventures for Miss Hannah and me - our first track meet and our first trip to church for Easter.

What I didn't post was some of the dramatics that went on behind the scenes.

Saturday morning everything was going really well - the dog was walked, the car was loaded, the diaper bag was packed with extra outfits, lots of changing supplies, hand sanitizer...you get the idea.  I was prepared.

I got Hannah all strapped in to her car seat, jumped in the front seat and we headed out.  She was doing great, staying calm...until we hit a stoplight.  Then the wailing began.

There was no way I was going to make the 35 minutes drive to the meet with her wailing like that and completely unable to comfort her.  So, I found a parking lot, we pulled over, and I jumped in the back seat to come to her rescue.  I changed her, rocked her, got her out in the fresh air, and she fell asleep.

Until I put her back in her car seat.

This time, I wised up.  Instead of pulling her out, I pulled the whole car seat out and swung her like a (really heavy) swing next to the car.  After a few minutes of that, success!  She went to sleep and stayed asleep for the whole drive.  The whole adventure took an extra 30 minutes or so, but we made it!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Pro already

jennie said...

seriously. job well done.

Katie Boscarino said...

Wow....that is some serious mommy work! Hannah is one lucky girl. :)

maggie said...

well done! so impressed!