I don't typically think of myself as a very stylish person, especially these days as I face the weird reality that my regular clothes don't fit yet but my maternity clothes don't exactly fit either. Basically, I wear a lot of yoga pants.
However, one of my mom's very kind and lovely friends gave me a Kate Spade gift card when Hannah was born - I guess she figured purses fit no matter what size you wear :) So last week on a trip to the outlets, I stopped in to look around. Alex stayed outside with Hannah in the stroller, but I carried the diaper bag into the store.
As I was glancing at all of the beautiful bags, a Kate Spade employee stopped me. She says:
"I love your bag! Where did you get it?"
"Umm it's a diaper bag. I got it at Target...I think it's made by Carters."
"Seriously? It is so cute! Did you get it recently? I could use that around campus."
So although I walked out of the store without making a purchase, I still felt super stylish toting my diaper bag :)
5 comments:
Love when I get compliments on my diaper bag...makes the fact you're carrying diapers, nursing cover, snacks, toys, and everything else you can shove in the bag that much better!
PS..I think you're super stylish! :)
You gotta love when the Target product upstages the Kate Spade things! And you ARE stylish!
Love it :) Hope you find something awesome at Kate Spade anyway!
haha that's awesome!
realized my comments have not been posting when I submit on my phone! ah! Love this story and I agree that you are totally stylish!
Post a Comment