Friday, May 24, 2013

Choices

I've heard people say that life is a series of choices, and for me, right now, in this stage of life, I am totally aware of my choices.  I spend all day making lots of little choices.

For example, the baby was sleeping late this morning - yesterday was a tough day with very little napping, but she paid me back with a fantastic night's sleep - and I had a choice.  I could get out of bed and take a shower, or stay in bed and catch some extra sleep.  Since I went to bed at 9:00 last night and I hadn't showered in a few days, I chose the shower.  Good choice.

Then after the shower, I had to choose between doing my hair and eating breakfast in peace.  I chose breakfast.  Again, good choice.  My hair went crazy in the humidity outside anyways.

And now, I chose blogging over doing the dishes in the kitchen, figuring that dishes don't require focus and I could do them while the baby was awake (she's napping now).

With a baby to care for, a job to do, and a house to manage, I have seen the end of procrastination in my life.  There is no putting things off until later, because "later" is unpredictable.  All I can do is make choices about how to use the time I have right now.  This minute.  And I don't always make the right choice - staying up late to watch Friday Night Lights + baby awake early the next morning = rough day  - but I'm learning.  And most of the time, I'm really loving it :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

ahahaha should have never started FNL :)

maggie said...

glad you're enjoying the ride! sounds like you're doing an awesome job!

Katie Boscarino said...

I feel ya sister! Some days I write a list in the morning and then write next to them "am nap" or "pm nap" just to make sure I remember to do things while she's sleeping! The funny thing is I would have choose the same things - breakfast over hair and blogging or computer time over dishes!

Christina Casares said...

haha you're welcome for the FNL addiction :) Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!!