I realized I haven't done anything really to capture her development, so I'm going to take some notes here, mostly for my own future reference, because I want to remember all of her little achievements.
So, at nearly three months, Hannah:
- Swats - this was one of her most fun early skills. She loves to lie under her play gyms and swat at objects overhead, particularly those that make noise like clacking or rattling or jingling.
- Tracks objects - this was probably her earliest "skill". If I hold a toy in front of her on the right, and slowly move it to the left, she follows it with her eyes.
- Sucks her fist - I don't think this is technically a skill, but since she discovered that her hands are attached to her, she has loved to put them in her mouth. Sometimes she uses one hand to shove the other hand further in her mouth - the classic double fist.
- Grabs - she is currently honing this particular skill. At first, she would unintentionally grab my shirt while she nursed, or my hair while I held her, but now I can hold a toy out for her, she'll reach for it, and after a few tries, she'll grab it and pull it to her mouth. Her favorite toys are a little elephant rattle and a piece of polka dot crinkle paper.
- Smiles - I have so many pictures of her smiling, but I think some of my favorite smiles are in the morning or after a nap. We can come to the side of her crib, say her name and "good morning" and she lights up. I like to think that she's thinking, "Hooray, you found me! You came for me!"
- Holds a "conversation" - she makes all kinds of noises these days, and oftentimes if I make noises or talk back to her, she'll respond with other noises like we're having a conversation. The best time to do this is on her changing table (after she's clean of course).
- Rolls to her side - she's just starting to do this, and it's mostly in her crib before or after a nap. Right now, she's rolling to her right side primarily.
- Superman - this is proof that tummy time is working. She can lift her head, shoulders, and chest off the ground, while lifting her legs in the air, making her look like Superman. She still doesn't relish tummy time, but now that she can pop her head up and look around (a big deal considering she got giant head genes from both mom and dad), she's tolerating it better.
- Sleeps through the night - she regularly gets a solid 8-9 hour block of sleep at night, usually from 8pm - 5am. It's not every night, but it is most nights, and it is amazing. Also, she's getting a lot better about going to bed without a fight, which makes the whole experience more fun for everyone. Lastly, she just started sleeping in her crib at night. As in, she did it last night for the first time.
What a big girl she is already. On tough days or during fussy times, I try to remind myself that these days are short. Before I know it, she'll be walking and talking and I'll miss these days when she just wants to be held.
5 comments:
Yayy! She is getting so big! Can't believe it.
she's so beautiful! it's crazy how much she has developed in such a short amount of time!
Wow it is incredible how fast the little ones develop! Sounds like she's doing amazing!
she is so advanced! i can't wait to meet her :)
Awesome Hannah! I'm so proud of her sleeping skills...especially in her own room! Such a big girl!
Post a Comment