Registering for our wedding was one of my favorite parts of that planning process, so when I realized we got to register for a bunch of baby gear this time around, I was excited. What I didn't realize is that when it comes to baby gear, it's hard to know what you need. I mean, who knew you needed different types of bottles with different flow speeds? I still don't know what a "sheet saver" is or how many I may need, but they exist.
So, I did a bunch of reading, came up with a list of the basics, and figured we could start there. Armed with my list, we ventured in to Babies 'R Us. For the first trip, we made the unfortunate mistake of going in hungry, thinking we'd get this errand done before lunch. Big mistake. I am adding a new rule to the Heacock Family Rule Book - never EVER put off eating before you attempt an errand that is destined to make Mom overwhelmed and Dad grumpy.
We did cross several basics on the list, and then went back again yesterday to take another pass. I was even more prepared than the first time, it felt (to me) like we flew through the aisles, and got a lot done really quickly. On our way out, I asked to make one more stop - I had been pondering registering for a second stroller, and wanted to see it in person.
Alex acquiesced, begrudgingly at first, until he saw the stroller. It is a Jeep all-terrain limited edition stroller, and it is awesome. It will be perfect for track meets when sidewalks aren't always available, or gravel roads or practically anywhere that's not the grocery or the sidewalk.
As we walked out of the store, he turns to me and says, "Now all I really want is to get that stroller." Glad we finally found some baby gear that he can get excited about :)
2 comments:
haha yes that stroller looks rugged! and flow speeds?? oh boy. sounds like you handled it all pretty well!!
Glad you are putting some exciting stuff on your registry! Registering is so exciting!
Post a Comment