As my third trimester approaches (yikes!) and I get bigger and more uncomfortable, I'm sure this list is going to get longer. Also, compares to many women, including some of my friends, my list is super short. I have been incredibly blessed with an easy pregnancy, but that doesn't mean it hasn't had its downsides...
- Acne - there is very little you are allowed to do while pregnant to keep your skin clear. No effective prescriptions, no over-the-counter treatments, not even certain face washes. And if, like me, that pregnancy "glow" just translates into extra oily skin, it causes problems in the skin department.
- Super-charged emotions - this is for real, man. I don't think I necessarily lose it for no reason (although you'd have to ask Alex to know for sure), but when I do get sad or frustrated or angry, it seems to be...amplified. And more difficult to control. Not a welcome combination.
- Limited sleep positions - once you get into your fifth month or so, you're really only supposed to sleep on your side. Ideally, it would be your left side. I actually have gotten ear aches from only sleeping on my left side. A body pillow can help with this, but I'll look forward to flopping into bed however I feel like it.
- Increasingly difficult to move - this applies to sleeping (I actually have to support my belly to roll over), bending down (to pick up dog poop for example), sitting for long period of time at work or in the car (my ribs are starting to dig in quite uncomfortably), and walking quickly (I get a side stitch like I just ate dinner and decided to play soccer...just from walking quickly).
I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's what sticks out right now. But don't worry, the list of things I will miss is way longer :)
5 comments:
I agree that sleeping is soo annoying with a giant belly...and the emotions! I would watch videos on Youtube and just cry about pampers commercials! LOL
You should do a list of things you will miss too! I am glad your list is short so far - that means you're doing great!
Wow I can't believe you're already almost to your third trimester! The time is going so fast! (at least for me...maybe not for you)
It sounds to me like you are doing great! I can't believe how close you are to meeting little Herbie! :)
so many things to look forward to :) You'll be such a big help when it's all of our turns!
Post a Comment