I have said before that I think there is a time in every pregnancy where the woman goes from being "cute and pregnant" to "huge and pregnant", as in "get the hospital on speed dial 'cause she looks ready to pop."
Well, with 8 weeks to go, it has happened to me. I am officially huge. Here's how I know. In the past four days, at least six people - total strangers - have stopped me to ask if the baby is coming any day now.
First, it was the greeter at church, then an alumnus at the track Christmas party, the teller at the bank, two different guys helping me at Lowes (one guy says, "So, you must be counting the days!")...but my favorite was a guy on the CNU campus today.
He worked there - not a student - and he was on his phone as I came out of a bathroom. He stopped his conversation, looked at me and goes, "Whoa!!! Now there's a belly!! That baby coming soon??" To which I replied (once again), "Nope, due in February...still two month to go."
We see the doctor for an ultrasound on Friday - wonder how big the baby actually is now :)
4 comments:
Sometimes I don't get why anyone would think commenting on someone's belly is a good idea... but I bet you are still super cute :)
I also am surprised at the frequency with which strangers would say stuff like that! no tact. but I agree with Katie- I bet you're still cute & pregnant!
Ash, I have to agree with the above -- I saw you just a few weeks ago and you were totally rocking the cute and pregnant! People are just crazy!
I agree too! You are soo cute and pregnant. I don't understand why people comment on how big the belly gets...next time you should just say, "Well yeah, I do have an entire human inside!" LOL
Post a Comment