This weekend we found out that some friends who are also expecting are going to have a daughter, but tragically, she has a neural tube defect of some kind that means she won't survive delivery. My friend will carry their little girl to term, deliver her, and then lose her. I can't imagine their heartbreak.
These aren't friends anyone who reads this blog would know, but if you'd think of them in your prayers I know they would appreciate it.
Two things struck me as I thought about my friends. First, God can work miracles, and that is what we are praying for - that God would heal this little girl in a miraculous way. Second, we were not meant for this kind of tragedy. We were created for a world without loss or death or even sadness, and as Christians, we know that some day, when God restores the world, we will finally and fully know the lives we were made the live and the people we were meant to be.
I titled this post "Thankful" because Alex and I did have one other thought - we have so much to be thankful for. So much. Having a healthy child and a healthy pregnancy is not something to take lightly or take for granted. We have been so blessed, and when life gets overwhelming, I pray we never forget that.
5 comments:
What a terrible story...I'll be keeping them in prayer :(
that is indeed heartbreaking news. i will also be keeping them in prayer
i love you (all). prayers and love to your friends as well, and to their sweet baby. love you, again...
How heartbreaking...praying for them.
Ash, this is a heartbreaking story! I will keep you, your friends, and their families in my prayers!
Post a Comment