I think I am starting to nest. You know, the process parents-to-be are supposed to go through to prepare their home for the newest, tiniest member of the family. I'll admit, I was a little intimidated by "designing" a nursery. I didn't have a vision in my mind, or a theme to stick with. I needed inspiration, and I've finally found it, in two ways.
First, today I went shopping with my creative, design-savvy friend Katie, and we found some awesome art for the nursery walls! Art is great, because it will guide the colors of walls, sheets, curtains, etc. See what you think!
We've got a slightly more sophisticated ABCs poster (still needs a frame) for one spot:
Each letter comes with an uplifting phrase:
And some cute animals to go with it!
I love these, because we've got lots of color choices for the walls (the animals have more colors than you can see in that picture), it's cute and baby-ish and sweet, and it will blend well with the rest of our stuff.
My second source of inspiration was a conversation with my mom about books I liked as a child. I remembered some (The Hungry Caterpillar and The Velveteen Rabbit) and she reminded me of other favorites (Old Bear and Corduroy). I got me excited to put these books on the shelves of the nursery, and I started thinking about the baby's room as more than a collection of furniture. I'm beginning to see a special space where we can spend time together, where we can read these classic stories to our child and have some peace and quiet away from the bussle of our lives.


5 comments:
I like your new additions - and I loved the book Corduroy when I was little! He was great!
cute decor! I like the idea of having some more sophisticated artwork mixed in with the baby stuff!
I love that ABC poster! yes great addition. and if the book "Old Bear" is on the shelf- it will definitely be a great room
So glad I could help inspiring the nursery! It was sooo fun strolling around Hobby Lobby. Reading books is my favorite part of the day because it does make time for you to just sit with your LO and enjoy them.
so exciting to see your nursery coming together! some of my fondest childhood memories are reading with my parents before bed :)
Post a Comment