Two years ago today, Alex and I got married and forever joined our lives together as one - what a great day :) Looking back, I thought we had a lot going on in that year leading up to our wedding - we both got new jobs, moved to Chicago, planned a wedding, bought a condo, and got married. My grandma passed away just two weeks later, I went through my first election on the campaign, and Alex got a different job. It was a busy time.
When all of that subsided, I remember thinking, now things will settle down for awhile. Now we'll have some consistency, and we have had that. We've had time to decorate our place, pick up a new (for us) car, make some great new friends, and make fun memories with old ones. But just two quick years later, and we're embarking on the biggest adventure yet - Herbie.
I wonder if, two years from now, I'll look back at this time and think, that was the calm before the storm that is raising children. Or maybe I'll look back and have trouble even remembering what life was like before Herbie. Or maybe we'll be getting ready to embark on some new unforeseen adventure.
Whatever we're facing, I am so blessed to face it with Alex. There is nobody I'd rather go through life with. I guess that's why I married him :)
3 comments:
This is so sweet :) glad you guys are enjoying life together!! We love you guys!
This post makes me all teary! You are such a beautiful couple and we are so glad to have you in our lives! Cheers to the adventures that lie ahead for you :)
love you guys! happy anniversary!!
Post a Comment