Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Meet Herbie

Ladies and gentleman, I am pleased excited ecstatic to formally introduce the newest member of the Heacock household - Herbie :)


Herbie is the little nugget currently taking up residence in my belly.  This picture is a little out of date - I was eight weeks along then and tomorrow marks the end of 13 weeks - but because it's Herbie's first photo, I had to share.

Over the next 27 weeks, or however long it takes for Herbie to join the world, I'm going to chronicle our journey together here, both for posterity's sake and also because I've already found out a lot about being pregnant that no one tells you before it happens, so this is my extended public service announcement.  Some of it is informational, some is miraculous, and some may be a little gross - consider yourself warned :)

To kick things off, I'll start with a miracle.  When that picture was taken, there were also sound effects - we could hear Herbie's very strong and very regular heartbeat - 162 beats/minute to be precise.  After just eight short weeks, our baby had its very own heartbeat, completely separate and and distinct from mine.  I almost can't even fathom it - that there's a new heart beating inside of me - but it's definitely there.  I've heard it twice.  And besides sharing some space in my belly, I haven't done a thing to make it happen.  Absolutely miraculous if you ask me.

4 comments:

kayla said...

:-) Nothing could bring me more joy than this post. Haha... Literally. Nothing.
xoxoxoxox!!!

jennie said...

hooray!!!!!! little herbie is already very good looking. this is so exciting!!!!

Katie said...

I LOVE that you are calling the baby this :) So excited about this!!!!

maggie said...

huzzah for herbie!!! so excited to meet him in a few months! Hope all is still going well for you! LOVE!