Well, technically it's not my first baby purchase (I bought a onesie and a bib to make our announcement to my parents...more on that another time), and technically it's not just for the baby buuuuut my motivation for buying it now was all about the baby so it counts.
I bought my first DSLR camera. I wanted a camera that would take great pictures, and not cost a gazillion dollars, so I decided on a refurbished Canon EOS Rebel T3.
I learned a lot about cameras after much online research and some advice from a photographer friend. Basically they all said, buy a camera body you can afford because unless you are a professional photographer, you'll never use all the bells and whistles, and save your money for good lenses, because that's what will affect the picture quality.
I chose Canon over Nikon because I liked the way the buttons were laid out better. Really scientific. Now I just have to learn how to use the darn thing before February so I can capture our little bundle of joy in his/her full glory :)

3 comments:
ooh nice! i'm excited to see the pictures!
Yayy! That will certainly make Herbie look mighty fine! Not that he'll need any help ;)
this is awesome! I can't wait to see TONS of pics of Herbie!
Post a Comment