Today marks 37 weeks, which means this baby is officially considered full term and could come at any time! First-timers (or rookies, as my doctor called me) don't usually come early, and are often late, but it is crazy exciting to know that if the baby did decide to show early, that would be okay and safe and healthy.
Frankly, it would be quite alright with me if this baby did come a week or two early, mostly because being pregnant is becoming increasing uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong - I will miss feeling the baby move in my belly, and the excuse to always wear elastic-waisted pants and crocs, and the reality that strangers are nicer to me because I am pregnant. But I will not miss the swollen feet, stiff knees, and sore back that have overtaken me in the last 2-3 weeks.
The other day as Alex and I were getting ready to leave the house, I was trying to put on my shoes - they are crocs, but they are ankle boots, so they are tougher to slip on than my regular ugly crocs. After much groaning, I finally had to have Alex put them on for me. Afterwards, I bent over to do something with the dog, and Alex said, "Don't worry, I'll get that," to which I replied, "No it's okay, I'll get it." His response: "You can't even put on your shoes." Fair point.
4 comments:
Hooray any day now! And that is an awesome story about your shoes.
What a good hubbie! C'mon baby Herbie!
So excited that it could be any day now!!!
So exciting that Herbie can come any day! Can't wait to meet him/her! Relax and get some rest in the meantime!
Post a Comment