We are one week from Herbie's due date! Which means we could be days (or hours) away, or we could still have up to three weeks to wait. As you can imagine, the anticipation is intense :)
We are trying to take advantage of our last few days/weeks as non-parents by sleeping in, spending time together, and going on a few dates. Yesterday was unusually warm in the 'burg, so we decided to walk to a nearby restaurant for dinner, and then pick up some frozen yogurt on our way home. It was so much fun :)
I loved being able to just walk out the door and head to dinner, take our time strolling home, and be able hold hands instead of push a stroller or hold a dog leash. We are about to have our entire lives and routines turned upside down, and although I know that being a mom will come with more joy and love than I can comprehend, I am really glad to have the chance to cherish these times with Alex. It will never be just the two of us again, and I don't want to forget how special this time has been for us :)
5 comments:
Glad you're able to enjoy the last little bit of time you have without kids! It's wonderful :)
you have such an incredible perspective on everything! glad you are taking time now to slow down and enjoy!
What an awesome way to spend your days as just the two of you! I'm sure the anticipation is killing you. :)
I can't imagine what you must be going through right now not knowing if it will be hours or weeks...a little scary and very exciting all at the same time!
love that you are taking the time to soak in life pre-Herbie! You'll look back on this post in the days/years ahead and smile :)
Post a Comment