Okay, so it wasn't actually a gypsy - it was a really nice woman cutting Alex's hair - but let me explain why we're calling her that.
On Friday after the doctor, we stopped to get Alex a hair cut (usually I cut his hair, but we were having pictures taken Sunday and it was too much pressure!). When we walked in, the stylist says, "now when is that baby due? You look ready to pop!", to which I said "four more weeks", to which she said, "oh no, you'll have that baby by the end of next week."
Now, this is not an unusual conversation for me - everyone seems surprised when I tell them how long I have yet - but what came next was very strange indeed.
As Alex is getting his hair cut, she asked him the usual questions - what are you having, do you have names picked out, etc. He told her we had opted not to find out and we haven't shared our names with anyone.
As he's walking out to pay, I stood up and asked her what she thought it would be (people love to guess based on how I'm carrying). She said "It's a girl - you're carrying too low for a boy. A girl by the end of next week. And I'm just going to take a guess at the names. If it's a girl, I'm saying ABC and if it's a boy I'm saying XYZ."
I'm not telling you the names she guessed because SHE GUESSED THE GIRL NAME RIGHT! And although the boy name wasn't right, it was definitely in the same...genre. How crazy is that?? So if she ends up being right, and we have a girl by the end of next week, we'll definitely have to go back for more hair cuts/prophesies, haha.
5 comments:
Chris and I both have girl name guesses now to see if we can beat out the gypsy lady! After a day of thought though, Chris's guess is probably more likely since I just realized mine sounds a bit french and I know Alex would probably have vetoed it from the start.
Of course, we are not guessing boy names since we know it'll be little Herbert.
If we guess right would you tell us?? haha. This is an amazing story to share with little Herbie one day :)
Haha if you guess correctly...we still won't tell :) But I am curious about your guesses, so send them my way!!
that's a crazy story! girl girl girl!
This is an awesome story! How sweet would that be to go early?!? Keep us posted.
Post a Comment