Today marks 38 weeks and another trip to the doctor! Baby still seems to be doing quite well - strong heartbeat, moving around a lot, and settled into the head-down position, which is great. Every week now they are checking to see if I've made any...progress, you know, down there.
No dilating yet, and the doctor's estimate (with the disclaimer that she could be wrong of course) is that I still have another 2-3 weeks to go, which is to be expected I guess, as that is our due date. I'm just praying this little one isn't too late - if I get to two weeks late, I'll have to be induced, which would be a big bummer.
That said, there is no reason to worry about that yet. I am just trying to enjoy these last few weeks, get lots of rest, do some cooking, catch up on reading, and all of those things I won't be able to do for a little while as we adjust to life as parents.
Here's to hoping this baby got mom's punctuality gene :)
5 comments:
Wonderful news!! I will keep my fingers crossed for 3 more weeks at the laaaatest. Just keep telling that baby that her timing is perfect and she'll know right when to make her appearance :)
yes!! continuing to pray for safety and a great delivery! also i love that katie is now just using the female personal pronoun. i approve :)
yay! I'm so excited to meet this little one! And Katie, I still think it's a boy :)
I'm in the boy camp as well, for the record. Praying for peace in these last few weeks (days?) for you and Alex as you wait!
Can't believe you are so close to your due date! Let's hope Herbie comes on his/her due date...maybe you caught some of Cirena and I's vibes while you were still in Chicago!
Post a Comment